Interesting Facts about Andaman
- The names "Andaman and Nicobar" originate from the Malay language
- Although its official languages are English and Hindi, Bengali is the most spoken language on the islands
- The world’s largest sea turtles nest over here
- Dugong, an Indo-Pacific sea mammal, is Andaman and Nicobar’s state animal
- The coconut crab or robber crab is the largest land-living arthropod in the world. It can be found on the Andaman islands
How to Reach Andaman The easiest way we recommend to travel to Andaman is by flight. Andaman has its own airport at Port Blair which has good connectivity with Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata and Bangalore. While the flights from Mumbai or Delhi take approx. 5 hours, from Kolkata or Chennai could reach in just about 2 hours.
Best Time to Visit AndamanThe best time to visit Andaman is from November to May. However, Andaman does not have a lot of temperature fluctuations through the year and hence its quite pleasant always. But yet, we would recommend you to avoid Monsoons for your Andaman trips because of the high tidal waves, incessant rains and strong winds.